Submit resolutions by May 8
Resolutions are an official means by which you as a member have input into the Academy’s political process. Have something you would like the KAFP to change or support? Write a resolution!
Please submit your resolution for consideration by Monday, May 8, 2017. You may send by e-mail, fax 316-721-9044 or send by U.S. mail to:
Kansas Academy of Family Physicians
7570 W 21st St N 1026, 104
Wichita, KS 67205
If you have a topic or resolution you’re interested in writing, but get stuck, please don’t stop there. Contact KAFP. We can provide samples from years past, and will be happy to guide you through the process of writing your resolution.
Here is the official resolution process adopted by the KAFP Board of Directors. Please note important dates.
- A note in the April and May Weekly e-newsletters will announce that resolutions are due by Monday, May 8, 2017. Late resolutions may be introduced at the discretion of the Reference Committee Chair, the senior Delegate (Dr. Jen Brull).
- The staff will follow-up with those who author resolutions, providing them with a copy of this process and the timeline for consideration of resolutions.
- In the KAFP Update e-newsletter around May 15, we will publish the proposed resolutions, inviting those with an interest in them to contact KAFP with their input.
- The Reference Committee will be made up of Delegates, Alternates, and officers.
- On DATE TBD in late May the Reference Committee will hold a hearing by conference call, and inviting the authors of resolutions to participate if they so desire. The committee will go through new resolutions and ones considered for sunset, and make recommendations for the Board.
- The resolutions will be made available to conference attendees, either in the conference manual or in a separate format.
- The Board will consider all resolutions at its board meeting, Sat. June 10 at the conclusion of the Annual Meeting.