WICHITA, KAN. —The Kansas Academy of Family Physicians (KAFP) is seeking nominations for the 2016 Kansas Family Physician of the Year award. The deadline for receipt of nominations is December 31, 2015.
Each year the KAFP awards one family physician the title of “Kansas Family Physician of the Year.” Nominees must be family physician members in good standing and licensed to practice in Kansas. More than 90 percent of Kansas family physicians are members of the KAFP – the state’s largest medical organization for primary care physicians.
There are three ways to nominate a family physician for this prestigious award:
• Go to the KAFP website at and submit electronically at http://kafponline.org/
• Email your nomination to email@example.com with Kansas FPOY in subject
• Mail in your nomination to: KAFP- FPOY | 7570 W 21st St N #1046C | Wichita KS 67205
Your letter of nomination should describe the candidate’s most outstanding characteristics, and how the candidate meets these criteria:
1) Provides his/her patients with compassionate, comprehensive and caring family medicine on a continuing basis.
2) Is directly and effectively involved in community affairs and activities that enhance the quality of his/her community.
3) Is a credible role model professionally and personally to his/her community, to other health professionals, and to residents and medical students.
4) Effectively represents the specialty of family medicine.
Please direct questions about the award to 316-721-9005 / 1-800-658-1749 or by email – firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and to read about last year’s winner: http://www.kafponline.org/Members/Awards/FamilyPhysicianoftheYear/
Previous recipients are ineligible. Below are winners in the past 10 years:
2015 Rick Kellerman, MD, FAAFP Wichita
2014 Kevin Hoppock, MD, Wichita
2013 Debra Doubek, MD, Manhattan
2012 Deborah G. Haynes, MD, FAAFP, Wichita
2011 Robert E. Jacoby II, MD, FAAFP, Topeka
2010 Victor Nemechek, MD, Quinter
2009 Duane Fredrickson, MD, Lindsborg
2008 John Atkin, III, MD, Yates Center
2007 Paul Davis, MD, Wichita
2006 Robert Moser, MD, Tribune
The winner will be announced in February 2016. The KAFP will honor the recipient at its Annual Meeting, June 9-11, 2016 at the DoubleTree Hotel, Overland Park, Kan. The recipient will be nominated for the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Family Physician of the Year award.
# # #
About the Kansas Academy of Family Physicians
The Kansas Academy of Family Physicians is the largest medical specialty society in the state, with a total of 1,630 members. The mission of the Kansas Academy of Family Physicians is to promote access to, and excellence in, health care for all Kansans through education and advocacy for family physicians and their patients. The KAFP is affiliated with the American Academy of Family Physicians, the national association for family physicians.
For more information about the KAFP visit the KAFP Web site at www.kafponline.org.