Public support for or recommendation of a particular cause or policy.
Kansas Academy of Family Physicians advocates in Topeka and Washington, DC in the interest of the specialty of family medicine, on behalf of our members and aligned with the organization’s mission.
There are many ways you can educate others about and advocate for the interests of the specialty of family medicine:
- Become a member of the Advocacy Committee
- Participate in advocacy events in Topeka
- Volunteer to serve as Family Doctor of the Day at the statehouse
- Take action when KAFP encourages you to contact your legislator
- Review and understand the Legislative Updates sent weekly to members from the KAFP’s lobbyist
- Testify on hearings of importance to you, your patients and your community. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more about how to testify before the legislature.
Learn about the legislative priorities that guide KAFP’s legislative activity.
This weekly newsletter written by KAFP’s Government Relations Liaison summarizes each week of the Legislative Session.
Family Doctor of the Day
FDOD is a volunteer program organized by KAFP, in which members volunteer to serve as doctor of the day at the Statehouse each day during the legislative session.
AAFP ADVOCACY: FIGHTING FOR FAMILY MEDICINE
Find out what AAFP is doing to protect and promote the specialty of family medicine.