The AAFP’s national public service announcement campaign (PSA) continues in August with a segment on shingles. Each PSA will educate the audience about an issue and urge them to visit familydoctor.org for more information. Please help us educate our patients by referring them to the familydoctor.org website.
The following familydoctor.org months and/or topics will be highlighted and the PSAs will be released the first day of the appropriate month:
- May – Mental and Emotional Health (bullying; launched)
- July – Back to School (flu and the importance of personal hygiene; launched)
- Aug – Immunizations (shingles for adults starting at 50 years of age)
- Sept – Sports/Exercise at Every Age (concussions)
- Oct – Family Health and Safety (gun safety)
- Nov – Addiction and Recovery (opioid abuse and safe pill storage)
Each PSA has an English and Spanish version as well as radio and television formats. The August PSA will be released August 1.