Kansas Humanitarian Award
- Is a member of the KAFP in good standing.
- Provides patients with compassionate, comprehensive and caring family medicine on a continuing basis by:
- Providing compassionate care for an indigent, underserved or marginalized population, and/or
- Displaying human values by showing support and care with respect and dignity, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion and social status
- Supports equitable and evidence-based medicine for all Kansans.
Past Kansas Humanitarian Award Recipients
2022 Sharon Lee, MD, FAAFP (Mission)
2021 Lee Norman, MD, FAAFP (Topeka)
2020 Joseph LeMaster, MD, MPH, FAAFP (Kansas City)
2019 S. Todd Stephens, MD, FAAFP (Wichita)
2017 Robert Freelove, MD (Salina)
2012 Carol A. Johnson, MD (Wichita)
2010 Paul Jaster, MD NATIONAL AWARD RECIPIENT
2009 Jana Nisly, MD (Abbyville, KS & San Salvador)
2007 Steve Lemons, MD, FAAFP (Andover)
Nominate a physician for the Kansas Humanitarian Award
Nominations for this year’s KAFP awards will be open until March 10. Click the button below to nominate a physician for the Humanitarian Award.