Nominate a Kansas family physician for this award
Do you know a Kansas family physician deserving of this honor? KAFP wants to hear from you!
Nominations may come from patients, colleagues or members of the community. The KAFP Communications and Awards Committee reviews all applications and selects award winners each year. Awards are presented during the annual conference, Fam Med Forward.
Nominee requirements deadline
KAFP staff will reach out to each Kansas Family Physician of the Year nominee to collect the following requirements to complete their nomination digitally:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Personal statement, outlining “What being a family physician means to me.” Recommended length is 250-750 words.
Optional: Letters of support. If you choose to submit letters of support, KAFP recommends two letters each from patients, community leaders and colleagues.
The award recipient is acknowledged with the highest honor of being named the Kansas Family Physician of the Year in the following ways:
- News release announcement to be distributed to all Kansas media outlets and communities important to recipient.
- Interview by KAFP with video to be used in social media.
- Feature story in the Kansas Family Physician journal.
- Recognition by KAFP leadership at the KAFP biggest event of the year, Fam Med Forward.