Kansas Family Physician of the Year
- Has a minimum of 10 years, post-residency experience in Kansas.
- Is a member of the KAFP in good standing.
- Is currently practicing family medicine in Kansas.
- Provides patients with compassionate, comprehensive and caring family medicine on a continuing basis.
- Enhances the quality of the community by being directly and effectively involved in community affairs and activities.
- Acts as a credible role model professionally and personally to their community, to other health professionals, residents and medical students.
- Stands out among colleagues.
- Supports equitable and evidence-based medicine for all Kansans.
Past Kansas Family Physician of the Year Recipients
2023 Jen L. Brull (Plainville)
2022 Linda Bean, DO, FAAFP (Pittsburg)
2021 Drew Miller, MD, FAAFP (Lakin)
2020 Stacy Dashiell, MD, FAAFP (Sterling)
2019 John Eplee, MD, FAAFP (Atchison)
2018 Michael Machen, MD (Quinter)
2017 Jerry Niernberger, MD, FAAFP (Wichita)
2016 Charles Allred, MD (Salina)
2015 Rick Kellerman, MD, FAAFP (Wichita)
2014 Kevin Hoppock, MD (Wichita)
2013 Debra Doubek, MD, FAAFP (Manhattan)
2012 Deborah Haynes, MD, FAAFP (Wichita)
2011 Robert Jacoby II, MD, FAAFP (Topeka)
2010 Victor Nemechek, MD (Quinter)
2009 Duane Fredrickson, MD, FAAFP (Lindsborg)
2008 John Atkin, III, MD, FAAFP (Yates Center)
2007 Paul Davis, MD (Wichita)
2006 Robert Moser, MD, FAAFP (Tribune)
2005 Earl Merkel, MD, FAAFP (Russell)
2004 Jed Holmes, MD (Wichita)
2003 Rick Rajewski, MD, FAAFP (Hays)
2002 Jeff Atwood, MD (Wamego)
2001 Dennis Tietze, MD, FAAFP (Topeka)
2000 Richard Ohmart, MD, FAAFP (Oakley)
1999 F. Ronald Seglie, MD, FAAFP (Pittsburg)
1998 Richard Egelhof, MD, FAAFP (Wichita)
1997 Joseph Stech, MD, FAAFP (Andale)
1996 Don Goering, MD (Coldwater) NATIONAL RECIPIENT
1995 Walter Reazin, MD (Wichita)
1994 Roger Tobias, MD, FAAFP (Lyons)
1993 Thomas Simpson, MD (Sterling)
1992 Herbert Doubek, MD, FAAFP (Belleville)
1991 Charles Stephens, MD, FAAFP (Minneola)
1990 Larry Anderson, MD, FAAFP (Wellington)
Nominate a physician for Kansas Family Physician of the Year
Nominations for this year’s KAFP awards will be open through March 10. Click the button below to nominate a physician for Kansas Family Physician of the Year.