2023 Legislative Priorities
The KAFP exists to empower and cultivate Kansas family physicians to advocate and collaborate for the health of all Kansans.
As nearly 2,000 family physicians caring for patients and their families across the state, we focus on delivering healthcare that is patient–centered, cost-effective, and accessible.
- KAFP supports the sanctity of the physician and patient relationship.
- KAFP supports initiatives addressing social determinants of health, racial disparity and health equity. We believe every Kansan has a right to social and physical environments that promote good health.
- KAFP supports efforts that aim to increase immunization rates in a manner that aligns with CDC recommendations and prioritizes the health of adversely affected populations. KAFP opposes further exemptions to any prescribed immunization schedule.
- KAFP supports Medicaid and reform, including but not limited to: Medicaid expansion; increasing Medicaid reimbursement rates to physicians; and adding key patient services not currently covered by Medicaid.
- KAFP supports legislation that ensures adequate payment for primary care services, including increasing the percentage of the overall healthcare investment in primary care, which has been proven to decrease the overall cost of healthcare.
Text Message Action
Text “AAFP” to 50457
Sign up to receive text alerts from the Family Medicine Action Network. Receive links to Speak Out’s and grassroots advocacy actions!
Give to AAFP’s FamMedPAC
Text “FAMMEDPAC” to 41444
Giving to FamMedPAC has never been easier! Text “FAMMEDPAC” to 41444 to receive a link to donate right there on your phone.