National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases
The following Registry ISS codes have been updated and available. Please share with your office staff.
- Registry (IIS): CVX – Vaccines Administered Code Set
- Registry (IIS): Mapping CVX to Vaccine Groups
- Registry (IIS): MVX – Manufacturers of Vaccines Code Set
- Registry (IIS): Mapping Product Names to CVX and MVX (Tradenames)
- Registry (IIS): Mapping NDC to CVX/MVX
- Registry (IIS): Current NDC Table Access
- Registry (IIS): CPT[TM] Codes Mapped to CVX Codes
Release Notes: This release does not include updates for Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) codes and maps. A separate set of release notes and files is prepared for VIS code updates and will be distributed on a separate release cycle.
General Note regarding this release: Due to a system upgrade, some of the dates of “Last Update” shown on files reflect activity not related to this vaccine code set release. Following are the “Last Update” dates not relevant to this release:
- Records in files included in this release that display a date of “Last Update” of 5/5/2019 through 5/8/2019 were code changes made and distributed in the March 2019 Vaccine Code Set Release.
- NDC records with “Last Update” dates of 4/30/2019 reflect a system update from the FDA files where the change had no impacts to content of the user files.
Codes with “Last Update” dates after May 15 are the changes reflected in this release and include the following code set updates:
1) CVX Code Updates:
• CVX Added: Code 195 – Diptheria, Tetanus, Poliomyelitis adsorbed (DT, IPV adsorbed) has been added as a Non-US vaccine. This can be used to document vaccinations for non-US drug formulations such as Revaxis. It is mapped to Vaccine Groups Td and POLIO.
• CVX Status Changed: Code 139 Td(adult) unspecified formulation has been changed from “inactive” to “active”. This reflects a need to accommodate the mapping of active CPT code 90714, which does not map correctly to any other current Td CVX. It also allows documentation of a historic Td vaccination where the formulation is unknown.
2) MVX Code Updates:
• MVX Change: Code MED – MedImmune, Inc. term name has been changed to MedImmune, Inc (AstraZeneca) in order to provide greater clarity to end users that this is associated to AstraZeneca.
3) CPT Code Updates:
• CPT Added: Code 90689 – Influenza virus vaccine, quadrivalent (IIV4), inactivated, adjuvanted, preservative free, 0.25 mL dosage, for intramuscular use. This code is mapped to CVX Code 150 – Influenza, injectable, quadrivalent, preservative free. It should be noted that currently there is no available NDC for the 0.25 mL formulation.
4) Tradename/Manufacturer Code Updates:
• New Product/Tradename Product: Code 149 – TDVAX manufactured by Massachusetts Biologic Laboratories. This reflects a change to this new tradename in the FDA files for all related active NDCs. The previous tradename/manufacturer Product Code 115 – Td,adsorbed/Massachusetts Biologic Laboratories and Code 146 – Td,adsorbed/Grifols have been retired and replaced by TDVAX. TDVAX is mapped to CVX code 09 – tetanus and diphtheria toxoids, adsorbed, preservative free, for adult use (2 Lf of tetanus toxoid and 2 Lf of diphtheria toxoid). The following NDC Code Pairs had the tradename changed to TDVAX in the FDA files:
o NDC UoU 14362-0111-3 and NDC UoS 14362-0111-4
5) NDC Code Updates:
• NDC Retired: Following NDC Code Pairs have been retired effective 4/30/2019:
o NDC UoU 49281-487-58 and NDC UoS 49281-489-01 (MENOMUNE – A/C/Y/W-135 COMBINED)
o NDC UoU 49281-488-78 and NDC UoS 49281-489-91 (MENOMUNE – A/C/Y/W-135 COMBINED) This was a correction from the FDA files. Unit of Sale had been previously retired.
o NDC UoU 0006-4739-01 and NDC UoS 0006-4739-00 (PNEUMOVAX 23)
o NDC UoU 66019-305-01 and NDC UoS 66019-305-10 (FluMist Quadrivalent)
• The following NDC Code Pairs had the tradename changed to TDVAX from Td, adsorbed in the FDA files (both pairs remain mapped to MVX Code MBL):
o NDC UoU 14362-0111-3 and NDC UoS 14362-0111-4 (Massachussetts Biologic Laboratories.
o NDC UoU 13533-131-00 and NDC UoS 13533-131-01 (Grifols)
• No new NDCs have been added in this release Cycle