The AAFP’s national public service announcement campaign (PSA) for November is a segment on opioid abuse and safe pill storage. Watch the November PSA. Please help educate your patients by referring them to the familydoctor.org website.
Below are past PSAs:
- May – Mental and Emotional Health (bullying)
- July – Back to School (flu and the importance of personal hygiene)
- Aug – Immunizations (shingles for adults starting at 50 years of age)
- Sept – Sports/Exercise at Every Age (concussions)
- Oct – Family Health and Safety (gun safety)
- Nov – Addiction and Recovery (opioid abuse and safe pill storage)
Our hope is that patients will gain a sense of empowerment over their own health after watching the PSAs and hopefully increase their knowledge of important health issues that affect them. The PSAs and familydoctor.org site is intended to help them feel more prepared and willing to talk about these issues with their family physician.