Please continue to promote the new KanCare cessation benefits and request additional copies of the information card. Electronic and print color posters are now available for companies who are tobacco-free or working toward this objective. The purpose of the posters is to drive demand for cessation services under KanCare. Contact KAFP Tobacco Coordinator Kim Neufeld to request copies.
There are several tobacco cessation opportunities coming up for you and/or your staff. Sign up today!
- Tuesday, June 18: Smoking Cessation Leadership Center (SCLC) webinar Tobacco Free Policies and Interventions in Behavioral Health Care Settings.
- August 20-23, Pittsburg: Tobacco Treatment Specialist Training For additional information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upcoming mini-grant opportunity: Tobacco Guideline for Behavioral Health Care. Organizations interested in being considered for a mini-grant should complete the Self-Assessment in June or July. There are two pre-requisites for making the application:
- Applicant organizations must have endorsed the Tobacco Guideline. The Endorsement Notification form provides you with that opportunity as well as additional information about what endorsement means.
- Applicant organizations must also have completed the Self-Assessment associated with the Guideline as this document will be part of the application process.