Do you have a burning issue you’re passionate about? This is a great opportunity for you to make your recommendations to KAFP to change or support a topic important to you. Resolutions are the official means by which you as a member have input into the Academy’s governance and political process. Resolutions are not difficult to write. If you have a topic or resolution you’re interested in writing, but get stuck in the process, please don’t stop there– Contact KAFP! We can provide samples from years past, and will be happy to guide you through the process of writing your resolution. We are here to help you!
Please submit your resolution for consideration by Monday, May 14, 2018. You may send by e-mail email@example.com, fax 316-721-9044 or send by U.S. mail to:
Kansas Academy of Family Physicians
7570 W 21st St N 1026C, #104
Wichita, KS 67205
The official resolution process, adopted by the KAFP Board of Directors, is as follows:
(Please note important dates.)
- A note in the April and May Weekly e-newsletters will announce that resolutions are due by Monday, May 14, 2018. Late resolutions may be introduced at the discretion of the Reference Committee Chair, the senior Delegate (Dr. Jen Brull).
- The staff will follow-up with those who author resolutions, providing them with a copy of this process and the timeline for consideration of resolutions.
- In the KAFP Weekly e-Newsletter around May 22, we will publish the proposed resolutions, inviting those with an interest in them to contact KAFP with their input.
- The Reference Committee will be made up of Delegates, Alternates, and officers.
- On DATE TBD the Reference Committee will hold a hearing by conference call, and inviting the authors of resolutions to participate if they so desire. The committee will go through new resolutions and ones considered for sunset, and make recommendations for the Board.
- The resolutions will be made available to conference attendees, either in the conference manual or in a separate format.
- The Board will consider all resolutions at its board meeting, Saturday, June 16, 2018 at the conclusion of the Annual Meeting.