Yesterday you received a letter from AAFP about relief, both administrative and financial for you as a member. There have been several developments aimed at providing much needed relief, both administrative and financial, to you as a member:
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act was passed and signed into law. This bill aims to provide financial relief to small businesses, support health care workers, get medical supplies to the front lines, fund research for vaccines and stimulate the U.S. economy.
- CMS announced the expansion of the accelerated and advanced payment program to fast track cash flow to Medicare providers who have been financially impacted by COVID-19. This particular announcement was very congruent with the direct request to HHS Secretary Azar in the AAFP letter to him last week.
- The AAFP’s board of directors approved the following provisions around CME reporting/requirements and dues:
- Any members whose CME re-election cycle ends on Dec. 31, 2020 and who have not yet met the CME requirement will have an additional year to do so.
- Members whose three-year cycle ended on Dec. 31, 2019 will now have until Dec. 31, 2020 to report their CME to remain eligible for membership (original deadline was May 5, 2020).
- Any members who have not yet paid their 2020 dues will now have until July 14, 2020 to submit payment